The Guppy will transmit a beacon signal every few seconds, broadcasting:
- Device Serial Number
- Digital Matter Manufactuer Code
- Battery Voltage
- Transmit Power (to be used with RSSI for range estimates)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is an affordable solution for tracking both high and low-value assets
- Bluetooth Tags are perfect for tracking tools, smaller equipment, or any mid-sized non-powered asset where a larger (and expensive) device does not make commercial sense
- Track inventory as you sell, manufacture and restock across multiple warehouse locations
- Cold Chain Management / Other Sensor Monitoring
- Bin Location Tracking
- Smart Farming / Agtech Applications
Estimating range and battery life of Guppy
The range of the Guppy tag can be adjusted by configuring the device’s Receiver Sensitivity and Transmit Power.
Several important factors such as Radio Spectrum, PHY, Receiver Sensitivity, Transmit Power and more influence Bluetooth range and subsequently, device battery life.
Weatherproof & Rugged Housing
- Waterproof and dust resistant IP67 rated housing ensures device can withstand fine dust, high pressure spray, submersion for 30 mins in 1 metre of water, and extreme temperatures.
- Engineered with UV resistant polycarbonate and new ultra-rugged nylon glass available for superior strength.